Wednesday 13 March 2013

In Between Days

I have finally completed my classic tailored shirt, but I have no 'model' to photograph it on as my husband is in London for a couple of days so I'll post it shortly.

In the mean time I'm having an in between day, one project is finished and I haven't decided what to start next. I have so many things that I want to make when it comes to deciding it feels a bit overwhelming.

Here are the contenders for next project


                                                   BurdaStyle Asymmetric Zip Jacket from 03/2012

                                                                         Inspired by this

                                                          White Company Jersey Biker Jacket

I haven't see the White Company jacket in real life, but it looks like a sweatshirt type jersey fabric which I think will be too challenging for me.  What fabric to use though?  I'm hanging on to the hope that spring is coming soon (no snow today) so I'm having to fight my instinctive desire to choose a tweed or boucle.  I don't want to choose a linen partly as I've just used linen, but also I think the crumpled effect you get with it wouldn't be right with this kind of jacket.  

My reservation is that I could be biting off more than I can chew with this pattern, I haven't worked with a separating zip so this is completely out of my comfort zone.  However it is my plan to tackle some of my sewing fears and this could be an opportunity to do just that.

Alternatively I do love a shirt dress and having just finished the shirt I could use my new skills to make myself one.  

                                                                    Lisette Traveler Pattern

I was thinking of doing a classic denim shirt dress or see if I can find a great print.  Fit and flare styles don't do anything for me, so I'd probably go for a straight skirt like the model in the pattern here.

Hmm, not sure which way to go, what do you think? My three children are all off school ill today so I won't be heading off to buy fabrics anyway, perhaps I'll spend some time looking for separating zip tutorials.




No comments:

Post a Comment